Leisure World® Seal Beach, California
- Leisure World® Seal Beach is located in Seal Beach, California.
- Depending on traffic, the community is 30 to 45 minutes from John Wayne Airport and 15 minutes from Long Beach Airport.
- Leisure World®'s location gives residents easy access to South Coast Plaza, The Queen Mary in Long Beach, Disneyland Resorts, Knott's Berry Farm, Balboa Island and much more!
- The community is less than 5 miles away from the Pacific Ocean. All residents have easy beach access!
- Approximately 9,000 residents live in Leisure World® Seal Beach, representing nearly one-half the households and one-third of the population of The City of Seal Beach.
- First developed in 1960 by Ross Cortese, the 533 acre Leisure World® Seal Beach property was the first and foremost in setting the pace for active adult living. Following the success of the neighboring community of Rossmoor, Mr. Cortese incorporated "Walled City Security" into the recipe for his Leisure World® concept. Today, community security remains in the "top five" on the list of "Most Desirable Community Amenities". The first Seal Beach Leisure World® residents moved into their homes in June, 1962. Two miles of moving vans encircled the community on "Move-in Day". Leisure World® Seal Beach was a major success.
- The Health Care Center, located inside Leisure World®, features a full-service pharmacy, an on-site clinical laboratory, radiology services and a well-equipped physical therapy department.
- Services include geriatric medicine, gastroenterology, dermatology, geriatric optometry, psychiatry, orthopedics, urology, podiatry, general surgery, gynecology, rheumatology, ophthalmology, cardiology, pain management and internal medicine.
- The Health Care Center also offers social services, 24-hour nursing, optical dispensing and 24 hour ambulance service.
- For added security, a service called Lifeline is available for a nominal fee. In case of emergency, this device usually worn around one's neck or on a belt can be used to alert members of the medical staff who will come to your immediate need.
- Leisure World® Seal Beach is a gated community which enjoys 24-hour guarded security including vehicle patrols.
- The Golden Rain News, the weekly newspaper, publishes what's happening in and around the community. Everyone is "kept in the know"! All publications are sent without charge to each resident.
- Fifteen different denominations meet within or nearby Leisure World®.
- A fare-free mini bus transportation system within the community services all of the areas of the community and nearby shopping centers every day. Transportation is also available to and from the Shops at Rossmoor and Old Ranch Town Center, the Amphitheater, several hospitals outside of the community, and the Orange County Transit District.
- All golfer enthusiasts will enjoy the gracious 9-hole, 3-par executive golf course. The Golfing Plaza also features practice putting greens and a Pro Shop.
- Residents all have access to the swimming pool and hot tub with full-time pool attendees, showers, and dressing rooms.
- The state-of-the-art fitness center provides the latest machines in cardiovascular, Nautilus, and free weights.
- Six conveniently located Clubhouses serve the residents of Leisure World® Seal Beach. Any business or social event can be held in one of the 19 meeting rooms, some presenting lounge areas with fireplaces. Catering or cooking for an event is easy in any of the 13 fully equipped kitchens.
- Popular movies are shown on a regular basis on theater-sized screens.
- Performers and entertainers from within and outside the community entertain residents at the 2500-seat outdoor amphitheater with fully equipped stage. The summer entertainment series features well-known professional entertainers for all residents at no charge.
- Leisure World® residents can partake in the professionally staffed library stocked with CDs, DVDs, MP3s, audio books, large print books, and a wide-selection of best sellers available. Copier, fax, and computers are also available.
- A full-service US Post Office is conveniently located inside the community.
- The community remains active with Seasonal Saturday night dances hosting live dance bands.
- The creativity in the community blooms at the annual Arts and Crafts Festival.
- Five woodworking and art studios for painting, ceramics, lapidary, and jewelry making, plus one well equipped sewing room allow residents to pursue their passions. Courses and workshops are offered by a local community college, encouraging lifelong learning.
- Lawn bowling courts, horseshoe pits, shuffleboard courts, ping pong tables, pool tables and snooker tables are located in three of the clubhouses to help meet the needs of the residents' active lifestyles.
- Gardening plots are available for a small fee for gardeners to grow vegetables, fruits, herbs, and flowers.
- A Farmer's Market is held weekly with access to fresh produce, nuts, and more!
- The community hosts over 140 clubs for those interested in Arts and Crafts, Bridge, Cards and Games, Dance, Education, Hobbies and Sports, Music, Nationalities, Occupations, Politics, Religion, Self Improvement, Community Service, Social, and State. There is also a wide variety of religious, political, fraternal, service, self-improvement and hobby organizations.