Rossmoor New Jersey. Formerly Leisure World® New Jersey
Leisureworld.com is proud to present our featured community, Rossmoor New Jersey. Formally known as Leisure World® New Jersey, this historic, colonial style community is just off of the New Jersey Turnpike in Monroe Township, NJ and is home to over 3,000 residents. With close proximity to New York City, Rossmoor, New Jersey has a small town feel with big city opportunities!
- Rossmoor New Jersey, formerly Leisure World® New Jersey, covers 418 acres just off of the New Jersey Turnpike. It is located in the Monroe Township in Middlesex County.
- Rossmoor is located less than an hour from New York City and near Trenton, New Jersey. Close proximity to New York City allows residents to have the small town feel with the big city opportunities.
- Trenton, New Jersey offers a large variety of museums and monuments from the rich history of the city.
- Cedar Brook runs through the community, fed by Cedar Brook Pond, a 4 ½ acre pond just on the edge of the Rossmoor property.
- Rossmoor New Jersey has 2,303 Colonial style manors or units and 3,000 residents, many of whom continue to work in the area or commute to New York City.
- Express buses stop at Rossmoor for the 55 minute ride to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York City.
- The Interfaith Council supports Catholic, Jewish, and Protestant services in The Meeting House. The Council was formed in 1968 "to promote mutual understanding and respect among the various faiths represented in Rossmoor, and to develop opportunities for working together in all matters in which they have a common interest."
- Recently renovated in 2006-2007, the Rossmoor Clubhouse is the hub of community recreational activities.
- Rossmoor New Jersey has everything on-site for residents, including a branch of a local bank, a delicatessen, and a bus stop providing transportation to New York City.
- Time to Tee Up! A 104 acre, 18-hole Championship Golf Course and Pro-Shop keeps golfing enthusiasts and beginners alike busy. The course also has a driving range, practice greens, and professional lessons.
- The community has its own "Rossmoor News", the community newspaper, which keeps residents updated weekly.
- The Computer Lab gives residents access to computers and the Internet. The Center also offers classes on programs and basic computer usage.
- The Ballroom in the Clubhouse allows for residents to host events in the large, newly renovated gathering, educational and entertainment area.
- The half acre pool complex received a major renovation in 2005 which included - not only the water supply, treatment facilities and pool lights - but new aluminum fencing and reworking of surfaces and coverings. The area includes 3,150 sq ft devoted to the actual pool, and there is 5,946 sq feet about the edges of the swimming area covered for sun protection. Adjacent to the pool are Men's and Women's Locker Rooms and a hot tub/spa with jets. The full pool has been described as "One-Half-Olympic-size" or "Short Course." There are 6 "lap-lines", so serious swimmers can swim their laps.
- A hot pool is at the south end of the complex. [Again statistics: It measures 18' L x 18' W and is 4' in depth. It contains 8000 gallons of water warmed to 104 degrees F.] In 2005, 11 jets were added making time in the spa especially comfortable and relaxing.
- There are over 60 different Organizations and Facilities in the community that support exercise, sports, education, music appreciation, games, trips and many other activities as well.
- The Rossmoor Music Association provides concerts from all of the different music groups in the community, including instrumental, vocal, and other musical ensembles.
- Curtain going up! All the world's a stage at Rossmoor New Jersey! Dramatic and musical productions are regularly performed by "The Rossmoor Players".
- Don't mind the saw dust! The Woodworker's Guild is busy creating all kinds of wonderful items in the Rossmoor Woodshop!
- Cardiovascular machines, Nautilus and free weights are featured at The Rossmoor Fitness Center. Professional instruction and training are available. Aerobic classes are also offered.
- Your ad! Tennis buffs enjoy the two pristinely kept courts at Rossmoor. There is always a game if you are game!
- Be "The Happy Wanderer"! Enjoy 43 miles of meandering walking trails and bike paths.
- Croquet, anyone? This civilized sport can be enjoyed on the full-regulation-sized field at the Clubhouse.
- Other Varietal Activities include: billiards, arts and crafts, sewing, ceramics, Bocce Ball and Shuffleboard, reading and library facilities.