Leisure World® Virginia, Lansdowne
- Leisure World® Virginia is located in Lansdowne, Virginia in Loudoun County and spans 91 acres. Loudoun is nicknamed "D.C.'s Wine County". Leisure World® is just 7 miles outside of the historic town of Leesburg, Virginia and just over 11 miles from the Washington Dulles Airport and Route 267 Dulles Toll Road.
- The community is adjacent to the Lansdowne Resort with access to the Robert Trent Jones-designed Lansdowne 18-hole golf course and the Lansdowne Restaurant, Hotel, and Tavern.
- Leisure World® is only 25 miles from Washington D.C., our nation's capital. Its close proximity makes it easy for residents to visit The Smithsonian, National Monuments, and scenic District venues.
- Leisure World® Virginia is located six miles from the Leesburg Corner Premium Outlet mall and six miles from the shopping mall at Dulles Town Center.
- The community is near Wegman's Food Market as well as Reston's Whole Foods.
- Leisure World® Virginia is less than 17 miles away from the nationally recognized Wolf Trap National Park of the Performing Arts.
- Homes at Leisure World® Virginia are located in four high rise and three low rise condominium buildings. There are a variety of these suites of complexes. Each complex has a name echoing gracious Southern charm: The Magnolias, Riverbend, Riverview, Potomac Ridge and Blue Ridge. These luxurious units are some of Leisure World®'s newest and finest designs. Many of the buildings were completed within the last ten years. All utilities and building maintenance are covered in the monthly association fees.
- The views at Leisure World® Virginia make it a photographer's paradise. There are 20 miles of unblocked vistas of the Blue Ridge Foothills, the Sugarloaf Mountains, the Potomac River, and the surrounding golf course.
- The Loudoun Hospital, less than 1 mile away from the community, offers complete health and medical services.
- Residents can "shop 'til they drop" at the recently completed Lansdowne Town Center. The Lansdowne Town Center is just two miles away and features specialty shops, restaurants, and more.
- Cheers! Enjoy a glass of fine wine at one of the many wineries located in "D.C.'s Wine County" in neighboring Loudoun County.
- Leisure World® is a gated community which enjoys 24-hour guarded security. All building entrances are controlled by a key and electronically monitored.
- Each condominium is built with fire-resistant masonry and concrete, sprinkler systems, and sound-protected walls.
- The three-floor, newly-completed Leisure World® Clubhouse spans 50,000 sq. feet and hosts an auditorium, ballroom, theater, workshops, classrooms, arts and crafts centers, health spa, swim center, library, La Pergola Restaurant, a branch of PNC Bank, and Lifestyles Hair Salon.
- The Interfaith Chapel within the Leisure World® Clubhouse gives residents of all denominations a place to worship.
- Get in the Swim! Watch the snow fall as you do laps in the luxuriously appointed indoor pool area. Large Italian frescoes decorate the walls transporting swimmers to the sunny Mediterranean. A large hot tub and Stairmasters are also featured in this area. Regardless of the weather, you can enjoy your workout!
- The Library is accessible for all residents and provides books, DVDs, CDs, videos, and more.
- The Monroe Auditorium with drop-down projection capabilities, surround sound, curtained stage, and attached green room is the perfect venue for "stars" inside and outside of the community to stage lectures, recitals and other performances.
- The 300-seat grand ballroom is available to residents for a small fee for rental. It can be set up theater style or for dining with tables and features a full catering kitchen. Meeting & Activity Rooms are also available for rental.
- The Arts & Crafts Studios offer ceramics, oil & water color painting, drawing and woodworking to channel creativity!
- The Computer Room gives residents access to the Internet and computers. Classes on computer usage and beginner training are also available.
- La Pergola Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge, a 75 seat Italian restaurant, is located inside the Leisure World® Clubhouse. In addition to fine cuisine, it features live weekly piano events and a wide screen plasma television. La Pergola is operated by the owners of the acclaimed Dante Ristorante in Great Falls, Virginia.
- Adjacent to La Pergola is the "Stop n' Shop" gourmet convenience store. Wines, beers, bottled beverages, pastas and a selection of imported oils and vinegars are sold there.
- A branch of the PNC Bank is conveniently located in the Clubhouse complex.
- A state-of-the-art fitness center offers an array of cardio machines as well as Nautilus and free weights. Aerobic classes, yoga and Tai Chi are also available. Personal trainers are on site to encourage your fitness goals.
- Fare-free shuttle buses transport residents to local shopping centers and service areas.
- Need a party or event planner? A professional Social Director is on staff to assist with planning and arrangements of community events.
- Table Tennis and Billiards
- Card Clubs: Bridge, Poker, Canasta, and more.
- Service! Roof-top tennis courts featuring breathtaking views of the Blue Ridge Mountains surround tennis buffs as they play.
- Other Clubs include Dancing, Line Dancing, Photography, Writing, Bible Study, Book Clubs and Current Events.